Referral Management assists in providing support in arranging your specialty care needs.
- To check the status of a provider ordered referral for specialty care, call the referral hotline 48-72 hours after the order is placed.
- Approximately 7-10 days after your provider orders a specialty referral, you will receive a Letter of Authorization from Humana Military stating where you have been authorized for network specialty care.
- If 10 days or more have passed since the specialty referral was ordered and you have still not received an LOA from Humana, contact the Referral Management Office directly via email or phone for assistance.
- You may also go to HUMANA to make a patient portal for yourself. Click on Log In, Beneficiaries and register for an account.
- Questions about a referral from a civilian provider should be directed to the civilian clinic.
Download the REFERRAL MANAGEMENT FACT SHEET