Appointments & Referrals
Appointments may be scheduled by one of the following:
- Calling the Appointment Call Center or your Primary Care Manager (PCM) Family Medicine or Pediatrics clinic directly.
- Signing up to schedule appointments online (TRICARE Prime).
Rescheduling / Cancellations
- Naval Medical Center Appointments: To reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call ahead—we recommend 24 hours in advance. This allows us to give your time slot to another patient who needs care. Call 910-450-HELP (Option 1) 24 hours in advance or as soon as possible.
- Network Provider Appointments: Be advised that many offices will charge you if you fail to show up for your appointment. These charges range from $25.00 - $100.00 per appointment you miss. This charge is NOT a TRICARE covered service; it will be an out-of-pocket expense for the sponsor.
- If your address and/or telephone number has changed, the ACC Associate will update this information via the DEERS website.
- If a specialty appointment is available at the Naval Medical Center, your appointment will be booked at the time of the call.
- If a specialty appointment is not available, your referral will be forwarded to the specialty clinic for further determination.
- If the specialty clinic at the Naval Medical Center is not able to provide the services you need, your referral will be deferred to Humana Military for authorization to see a provider in the network.
- Humana will verify that the service can be paid under your TRICARE benefit. This is often referred to as a “Covered Service.”
- Within 7-10 days, you should receive a letter from Humana Military with the name and telephone number of the provider you are authorized to see.
- Call and schedule an appointment with the authorized provider listed on the letter.
- Read the Humana Military letter carefully when you receive it. It has important instructions and authorization information that you will need to know.